Checklist Page - Resident Applicant
Resident Applicant Checklist Page*
The California Department of Insurance (CDI) requires California resident applicants to first pass the qualifying license examination prior to submitting their license application. This affects California residents applying for any license in which an examination is required (i.e., life, accident and health, property, casualty, personal lines, limited lines automobile, and life limited to funeral and burial expenses). CDI's online application service Fast Licensing Application Service is Here (FLASH) requires applicants to enter a unique 12-digit identification number which is located on the upper left corner of the passed examination letter. FLASH only allows the application to be submitted if the applicant enters the correct identification number and has passed the examination, not just scheduled the examination. Consequently, for an application to be accepted, the applicant's identification number entered must be identical to the identification number that is stated on the passed examination letter.
The last page of the FLASH application service is the Checklist. This page is very important. Listed below are the reasons why the Checklist is important:
- The Checklist is the proof that the applicant filed an application for an insurance license with the California Department of Insurance.
- If required documents are listed on the Checklist you must mail the complete Checklist, your passed examination letter and the required documents to the following address:
California Department of Insurance
Attention: Resident FLASH Application
320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
The issuance of the applicant's license may be delayed if other required documentation is listed on the applicant's Checklist and these documents are not submitted to the California Department of Insurance at the address noted above.
- If an applicant loses his or her Checklist, he or she may use the Retrieve Attestation and License Application link, to the print the Checklist and their application.
- If there are additional questions, please contact the CDI's Licensing Hotline at (800) 967-9331 or e-mail the CDI at the Producer Licensing Bureau.
*If you are currently licensed as a Property Broker-Agent and Casualty Broker-Agent and desire to change your license to a Personal Lines Brokers-Agent, you will need to follow the instructions for mailing an application to the CDI.
- Return to Fast Licensing Application Licensing Service is Here Main Page
- Who is eligible to use the FLASH Service?
- What items are needed to access the FLASH Service?
- How to complete the FLASH Application?
If you need further assistance, please call the CDI's Licensing Hotline at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address.