The Insurance market in California is one of the largest in the world; valued at well over $123 billion. The California Department of Insurance regulates this industry to protect consumers and help maintain an economically healthy marketplace. This industry section provides access to producer licensing information, financial compliance, legal issues, market conduct and other information.
Producer License Status Inquiry
Workers' Compensation Coverage Inquiry
You may verify workers' compensation coverage for an employer on the WCIRB's website.
- View Bulletins & Notices
- Obtaining a Certificate of Authority
- Workers' Compensation Deposits
- View Annual Quarterly Statement
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Program
- The California Organized Investment Network (COIN)
- Climate Risk Survey Results
- Legal Information
- Insurance Diversity Initiative
- P&C Rate Filings
- Health Insurance Rate Filings