The Insurance market in California is one of the largest in the world; valued at well over $123 billion. The California Department of Insurance regulates this industry to protect consumers and help maintain an economically healthy marketplace. This industry section provides access to producer licensing information, financial compliance, legal issues, market conduct and other information.
Over View of Insurer Programs and Resources
Producer License Status Inquiry
You may verify the status and discipline history of an agent, broker, adjuster, bail agent, business entity or another licensee by selecting Check a License. Input a license number or name to retrieve the license status and discipline history of that licensee. Select the available links on the license record to review additional license details.
Important Note: The Check a License online service requires the use of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox browser. Frequently use the Check a License online service?, You may save the new Check a License link in your browser favorites.
Workers' Compensation Coverage Inquiry
Employer Workers' Compensation Coverage may be verified on the Workmans' Compensation Insurance Review Board (WCIRB) website.
Frequently Used Resources
- View Bulletins & Notices
- Obtaining a Certificate of Authority
- Workers' Compensation Deposits
- View Annual Quarterly Statement
- Tax Forms and Instructions/Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Payments
- The California Organized Investment Network (COIN)
- Climate Risk Survey Results
- Legal Information
- Insurance Diversity Initiative
- P&C Rate Filings
- Health Insurance Rate Filings
- Company Complaint Response Center (CRC)
- Auto Body Repair Labor Rate Survey Tool (LRS)