A credit insurance agent shall not sell or offer to sell insurance unless all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- Must provide brochures or written materials to the prospective purchaser
- Must make certain disclosures to the prospective purchaser
- Must provide evidence of coverage to every person who elects to purchase the insurance
- Separately itemize the costs for the insurance in any loan, credit, or retail agreement
- Show the insurance is provided under an individual policy issued to the purchaser or under a group or master policy issued to the organization licensed as a credit insurance agent by an insurer authorized to transact the applicable kinds or types of insurance in this state
*Section 1758.97 of the California Insurance Code
- How Can I Get a License?
- Prohibited Acts
- Checklist for Application Filing Requirements
- Credit Insurance Questions and Answers
- Return to Credit Insurance Agent License Main Page
If you have any questions about the Credit Insurance Agent License information you are reviewing, please read the most commonly asked questions in our Credit Insurance Agent License Questions and Answers section. If you need further assistance, please call CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.