A credit insurance agent shall not do any of the following:
- Offer to sell insurance except in conjunction with, and incidental to, a loan or extension of credit
- Advertise, represent, or otherwise portray itself or its employees, agents, or endorsees as licensed insurers, life agents, or property and casualty broker-agents
- Pay any unlicensed person any compensation, fee, or commission dependent on the placement of insurance under the agent's license
*Section 1758.98 of the California Insurance Code
- How Can I Get a License?
- Checklist for Application Filing Requirements
- Credit Insurance Questions and Answers
- Return to Credit Insurance Agent License Main Page
If you have any questions about the Credit Insurance Agent License information you are reviewing, please read the most commonly asked questions in our Credit Insurance Agent License Questions and Answers section. If you need further assistance, please call CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.