Required Contents of Brochure
The credit insurance agent must provide brochures or other written materials to the prospective purchaser that do all of the following:
- Materials Terms and Conditions - Summarize the material terms and conditions of coverage offered, including the identity of the insurer.
- Filing a Claim - Describe the process for filing a claim, including a toll-free telephone number to report a claim.
- Additional Information - Disclose any additional information on the price, benefits, exclusions, conditions, or other limitations of those policies.
* Section 1758.97(a), (1) through (3) of the California Insurance Code.
- How Can I Get a License?
- Prohibited Acts
- Checklist for Application Filing Requirements
- Credit Insurance Questions and Answers
- Return to Credit Insurance Agent License Main Page
If you have any questions about the Credit Insurance Agent License information you are reviewing, please read the most commonly asked questions in our Credit Insurance Agent License Questions and Answers section. If you need further assistance, please call CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.