Insurance Diversity Task Force
The Insurance Diversity Task Force (Task Force) considers and makes recommendations about diversity in the insurance industry. Specifically, the mission of the Task Force is to:
- Advise the Department of Insurance with member area(s) of expertise on Department initiatives to increase procurement with diverse suppliers and diversity on governing boards;
- Identify and promote insurance companies that are actively engaged in diversity issues;
- Explore the status of diverse representation on insurance company governing boards; and
- Provide recommendations to increase supplier or governing board diversity, which may include suggested changes to existing law.
For more information about the Insurance Diversity Initiative, visit the Insurance Diversity webpage.
The Task Force shall be comprised of at least 13, but not more than 15, members as follows:
- The commissioner or the commissioner's designee.
- Two members who are representatives in the insurance industry, one of whom shall, at the time of appointment, serve as a practitioner in the field of supplier diversity, and one of whom shall, at the time of the appointment, have expertise in governing board diversity.
- Two members who are representatives of a minority business enterprise.
- Two members who are representatives of a women business enterprise.
- A member who is a representative of a disabled veteran business enterprise or a veteran business enterprise.
- A member who is a representative of an LGBT business enterprise.
- Two members with expertise in the field of supplier diversity.
- Two members with expertise in the field of governing board diversity.
- Term length: 2 years; unlimited terms
- Meetings: quarterly, in Sacramento with videoconferencing in Los Angeles and Oakland. Members commit to attending, at minimum, 2 of the 4 scheduled meetings.
- Compensation: Members may be reimbursed for travel expenses related to attendance at meetings, but are not otherwise compensated for their services.
- FPPC Form 700 Statement of Economic Interest filing required: No
Must possess background or experience in supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity work. Expertise pertaining specifically to the insurance industry is highly desirable.
The Task Force is led by a Chair and Vice-Chair. Nominations are accepted during the 1st Quarterly Task Force meeting. Elections will take place at the 2nd Quarterly Task Force meeting.