Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI)
The Insurance Diversity Initiative works to advance supplier and governing board diversity within California’s $340 billion insurance industry.
The Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI or Initiative) was established in 2011 to focus on diversity issues within California’s $340 billion insurance industry. Specifically, these efforts by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from diverse suppliers and enhanced diversity among insurer governing boards. The Initiative accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and publicly disseminate information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as through outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted events.
- Public Notice - IDTF 2021 Virtual Insurance Diversity Summit Planning Meeting - September 28, 2021
- Public Notice - IDTF Supplier Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - September 23, 2021
- Public Notice - IDTF Governing Board Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - September 21, 2021
- Register Now! Registration Now Open for 2021 Virtual Insurance Diversity Summit - October 7 & 8, 2021
- California Insurance Diversity Survey (CAIDS) Next Administration Period: 2022
- Press Release: Commissioner Lara Appoints Members to the Insurance Diversity Task Force and the CLHIGA Board of Directors
- Press Release: Commissioner Lara Thanks Outgoing Leader of Diversity Task Force and Names First LGBTQ+ Chair
- COVID-19 Resources
- Latest Update on Response to COVID-19 for 2020 California Insurance Diversity Survey
- Press Release: Commissioner Lara Appoints Members to Insurance Diversity Task Force
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!