Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI)
The Insurance Diversity Initiative works to advance supplier and governing board diversity within California’s $409 billion insurance industry.
The nationally-recognized Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI or Initiative) was established in 2011 to focus on diversity issues within California’s $409 billion insurance industry (the third largest insurance industry in the world.) Specifically, these efforts by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from diverse suppliers and enhanced diversity among insurer governing boards. The Initiative accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and publicly disseminate information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as spearheading public policy, outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted events.
- Public Notice: Insurance Diversity Task Force Governing Board Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - February 16, 2023 - 10:00 am PST
- Public Notice: Insurance Diversity Task Force Supplier Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - February 16, 2023 - 11:00 am PST
- Press Release: New Data Shows Insurance Industry Spent $3.1 Billion With California Diverse Businesses
- The 2022 California Insurance Diversity Results are live! Are the results what you expected?
- COVID-19 Resources
- Latest Update on Response to COVID-19 for 2020 California Insurance Diversity Survey
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!