Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI)
The Insurance Diversity Initiative works to advance supplier and governing board diversity within California’s $409 billion insurance industry.
The nationally-recognized Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI or Initiative) was established in 2011 to focus on diversity issues within California’s $409 billion insurance industry (the third largest insurance industry in the world.) Specifically, these efforts by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from diverse suppliers and enhanced diversity among insurer governing boards. The Initiative accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and publicly disseminate information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as spearheading public policy, outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted events.
- Public Notice: 4th Quarterly Insurance Diversity Task Force Meeting - Thursday, December 7, 2023 - 10 am - 12 pm
- Announcing the Insurance Diversity Index
- The next California Insurance Diversity Insurance Survey administration will commence in the Spring of 2024
- The 2022 California Insurance Diversity Results are live! Are the results what you expected?
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!