Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI)
The Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI) was established by former Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones in 2011 in an effort to focus on diversity issues within California's $310 billion insurance industry. Specifically, these efforts both by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from California's diverse suppliers and advance diversity amongst insurer governing boards. The Department accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and make public information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as through outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted Annual Diversity Summit. The first action of the former Commissioner was a 2011 Baseline Survey sent to the state's top insurers to understand the state of supplier diversity and governing board diversity in the industry. Since then, the Initiative has administered surveys to measure progress and encourage better results.
- SAVE THE DATE - Insurance Diversity Summit | November 15 | San Francisco, CA
- 2017 Multistate Insurance Diversity Survey - Results
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!
- Share your success stories!
- Latest IDI Monthly Newsletter