Insurance Commissioner appointees will not engage in certain activities that are determined by the appointing power to be inconsistent, incompatible, in conflict with or inimical to their duties as appointees. Commissioner appointees will not:
- Be considered for any procurement opportunities (goods/services) for which the appointing authority has a contract requiring bids.
- Sponsor any goods/services/events for the appointing authority.
- Use the prestige or influence of CDI for the appointee's private gain or advantage, or the private gain or advantage of another.
- Use CDI time, facilities, equipment, or supplies for the appointee's private gain or advantage, or the private gain or advantage of another.
- Use confidential information acquired by virtue of CDI involvement for the appointee's private gain or advantage, or the private gain or advantage of another.
- Receive or accept money or any other consideration from anyone other than CDI for the performance of an act which the appointee would be required or expected to render in the regular course of his or her duties.
- Receive or accept, directly or indirectly, any gifts, including money, any service, gratuity, favor, entertainment, hospitality, loan, or any other thing of value, from anyone who is doing or is seeking to do business of any kind with CDI or whose activities are regulated or controlled in any way by CDI, under circumstances from which it reasonably could be inferred that the gift was intended to influence the appointee in his or her official duties or was intended as a reward for any official action on his or her part.
- Engage in any outside employment, activity, or enterprise which involves the use of CDI time, records, equipment, facilities, or personnel.
The activities stated above do not specify all limitations on board member activities that may fall within the scope and proscriptions of the Government Code or Insurance Code. The list above may be amended at any time. Failure to conform to this Incompatible Activities Statement may result in removal from the board/committee or other action as the situation may warrant.