Studies, Reports & Publications
- Evaluation of the Qualifying Examination for a License as a Life Agent and Accident and Health or Sickness Agent Taken in Spanish
- Authorization to Transmit Specified Records Electronically Pursuant to AB 1065
- Request for Information: Business Interruption and Related Coverage in California
- CDI Data Presentation Re: Affinity Group Auto Insurance Investigatory Hearing
- Implementation Report to the Legislature AB 2591
- Assessing the Impacts of AB 60 Report
Assembly Bill (AB) 60 came into effect on January 2015, allowing an individual with undocumented legal status the ability to obtain a California driver license through the California Department of Motor Vehicle. The report analyzes the impact AB 60 had on California's Low Cost Auto Insurance Program and uninsured motorist percentage.
- 2021 CDI State Leadership Accountability Act (SLAA) Report
- Seismic Safety Commission Assessment Informational Report Fiscal Year 2022-23
- Market Share Reports
- Consumer Complaint Study
- Residential Property Insurance Report
Tables and charts that encompass several years of premium and exposure data on residential property insurance.
- Residential and Commercial Earthquake Insurance Coverage Study
Reports that summarize the premium written, coverage exposures, and number of policies issued on residential property and residential earthquake coverage
- California Earthquake Zoning and Probable Maximum Loss Evaluation Program
Report on California Earthquake Zoning and Probable Maximum Loss Evaluation Program. All licensed insurers annually report their insured exposures for earthquake shake damage on residential and commercial structures in California. These questionnaires include calculations for estimating what is called the Probable Maximum Loss (PML), or the expected insured loss after deductible, for structure and contents damage from a large earthquake. The aggregate results for all reporting companies are published here.
- Research Studies
Research studies in the areas of automobile, health, and homeowners insurance and policy research data calls.
- Annual Report of the Commissioner
- Payment to Agency Report - Form 801
- Report on Underserved Communities
In accordance with California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 2646.6, the Commissioner shall report those communities within California by ZIP code that the California Department of Insurance finds to be underserved by the insurance industry. The three main criteria to identify an underserved ZIP code are: 1) Uninsured Motorist Rate; 2) Minority Percentage; and 3) Per Capita Income.
- Previous Reports on Underserved Communities
- Uninsured Motorists - update in progress
- Company Financial Reports
- Credit Insurance Experience Summary Reports
- Credit Property & Credit Unemployment Insurance Experience Summary Report
- Title Insurance Statistical Plan & Income Report
- Joint Study of the Transportation Network Company (TNC) Insurance Coverage Requirement in California by California Department of Insurance and California Public Utilities Commission - December 31, 2017
- Statistical Plans
- Workers' Compensation - List of Disability Reinsurers
- July 5, 2017 Recommendations Regarding Changes in the Law Necessary to Protect the Members of Firefighters', Police Officers', or Peace Officers' Benefit and Relief Associations, pursuant to Assembly Bill 1072 (Daly 2015)