Virtual Viewing Room
Welcome to the California Department of Insurance (CDI), Virtual Viewing Room.
This system provides public access via the NAIC SERFF (System for Electronic Rate and Form Filings) system via the Internet to the certain Proposition 103 rate and form filings, certain approved life, disability and health insurance policy forms, and related public records.
- To access publicly available rate and form filings, please follow the link for SERFF Filing Access.
- The SERFF system is available at no cost through the SERFF Filing Access Website.
- If you encounter any problems accessing or using SERFF, please contact the SERFF Help Desk at 816-783-8990 Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST or e-mail email@example.com
- For additional assistance on Property and Casualty filings contact RRB_SPU@insurance.ca.gov
- For additional assistance on Life and A&H filings contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is what happens when you click on the link to the SERFF Filing Access above:
- Page 1: Ask you to begin Search
- Page 2: You have a choice of Life and Accident & Health or Property and Casualty. In addition, you can search by company name, date ranges and Types of Insurance (TOI)
- Page 3: Various filings pop up and you select the file you want. You can print various pages or download them to your own laptop or desktop.
In Person Access to Public Viewing Rooms:
Please contact us at the numbers below to schedule in person access to the public viewing rooms in Los Angeles or Oakland:
- Northern California: (415) 538-4300
- Southern California: (213) 346-6707
Web Access to Rate and Form Filings (WARFF) Property Casualty Only
The WARFF system contains filings that have been submitted in a non-electronic format from 1998 to the present. As of July 29, 2009, the SERFF system filings also became available through the WARFF system.
Filings made by Advisory Organizations are available to the public, but can only be viewed at our Oakland and Los Angeles Public Viewing Rooms. Due to COVID-19, the public viewing rooms are temporarily unavailable to the public.
Retrieve and View a WARFF Document
- To retrieve a document, please enter the desired search criteria, and from the search results click on the File Number.
- Please make sure that your window is maximized to its full size.
- To view the document you may need to download the Adobe Reader software from our Free Document Readers page.
Questions and System Issues:
- If you have any questions or problems with the WARFF system, you may also E-mail us at RRB_SPU@insurance.ca.gov