Skip to Main Content
Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance
CA Department of Insurance
CA Department of Insurance

Business Entity Licensing Requirements for Non-Resident Applicants

Licensing Requirements for Non-Resident Applicants

The documents to be submitted with the business entity application Form LIC 441-11 will vary depending on the type of license. The following chart lists the documents that are to be submitted by the applicant with the * LIC 441-11 to the Producer Licensing Bureau. Please select the highlighted form numbers to retrieve the needed forms.

License Type  Bond  Appointment 
Life Agent Not Applicable

LIC 447-54A

Accident & Health or Sickness Not Applicable LIC 447-54A
Property Broker-Agent  

LIC 417-5

LIC 447-54A

Casualty Broker-Agent

LIC 417-5

LIC 447-54A

Personal Lines Broker-Agent

LIC 417-5

LIC 447-54A

Surplus Line Broker

LIC 447-31

Not Applicable
Credit Insurance Not Applicable


Special Lines' Surplus Line

LIC 447-32

Not Applicable
*Applicants for an Administrator Certificate must complete the Business Entity Application for Administrator's Certificate Form LIC 441-12 instead of Form LIC 441-11.
The following documents may be required:
  • Power of Attorney must be submitted when filing a bond. The Power of Attorney is an authorization from the surety company for an individual to assume responsibility to sign and deliver bonds. A Jurat must also be submitted with the Power of Attorney. The Jurat states, by a Notary Public, that the bond was executed before them in the State of California. Both the Power of Attorney and Jurat must be the original documents signed by a representative of the business entity.
  • Business Entity Endorsement Form LIC  411-8A is submitted if an endorsee is not listed on the initial application and needs to be added after the license is issued.
  • Fingerprint Impressions are required for unlicensed applicants.

Additional Requirements

Description  Requirement 

Required for: Surplus Lines ($50,000); Special Lines ($10,000); Cargo Shippers ($10,000)

When acting in the capacity of a Broker, Personal Lines Broker-Agent ($10,000); Property Broker-Agent ($10,000); Casualty Broker-Agent ($10,000)

Endorsee Minimum of one California non-resident endorsee for Life-Only, Accident and Health, Property Broker-Agent, Casualty Broker-Agent, Personal Lines, Surplus Lines, Special Lines, and Credit Insurance.

If you have any questions about this form or the license information you retrieved, please see the most commonly asked questions in our License Questions and Answers section. If you need further assistance, please call our Business Entity Licensing Inquiry line at (916) 492-3069. You may also send an e-mail to the Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.

Google Translate