This page lists only the hearings scheduled in the Administrative Hearing Bureau's ("AHB") hearing rooms located in Oakland and Los Angeles. Hearing dates and times are subject to change without notice. To get the most recent status of a hearing at the AHB, contact the AHB via e-mail or by calling (415) 538-4247.
To review the documents related to Rulemaking Hearings, visit the Department's searchable database using the file number.
Explanation of hearing types can be found below the list of hearings.
In the Matter of the Application for Written Consent
Time: 10:00 am (PDT)
Live Stream Link:
OBS 3636-B (1033)
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Appeal Hearing - A hearing about Workers' Compensation insurance rates. Appeals from determinations of the Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau or an insurer regarding classification of employees, experience modifications, and requests for information. These hearings do not concern specific claims or claims handling.
- Rulemaking Hearing - A hearing required by law to receive public comments before adopting a regulation.
- Noncompliance Hearing - A hearing to determine whether an insurer is not in compliance with the Insurance Code and associated regulations.
- Cease and Desist Hearing - A hearing to obtain an order requiring a person or entity to discontinue certain activity.
- Insurance Code 1065 Stop Order Hearing - A hearing to determine whether a person or entity is conducting business in a manner that threatens to render the business insolvent.
- 12921.8 Cease and Desist Hearing - A hearing to determine whether an unlicensed person or entity has been holding themselves out as a licensee and to obtain an order preventing the person or entity from continuing the unlawful activity.
- Investigative Hearing - A hearing held by the Commissioner to receive public input on an issue to determine what action, if any, needs to be taken.
- CAARP Hearing - A hearing to consider the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan's proposed rate change application.
- CAARP Appeal Hearing - A hearing concerning participation in the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan.
- FAIR Plan Appeal Hearing - A hearing appealing an administrative decision of the California Fair Access to Insurance Requirements Plan.
- Prior Approval Hearing - A Rate Enforcement Bureau hearing to determine whether the Commissioner will approve the rates or rating plan that an insurer has requested.
- Rate Rollback Liability Hearing - A hearing to determine what the rollback liability of an insurer is under Ins. Code Section 1861.01, associated regulations, and case law.
- Enforcement Hearing - A Rate Enforcement Bureau hearing brought against an insurer to enforce a provision of the Insurance Code dealing with rating and underwriting issues.
- Unfair Practices Act (UPA) Hearing - A hearing to determine whether a person or entity has engaged in unfair or deceptive practices and to determine what penalty will be assessed.
- Life Settlement Hearing - A hearing to determine whether it is contrary to the interests of the public for a licensee to continue to transact life settlements business. Ins. Code Section 10113.2.
- Surplus Lines Export List Hearing - A hearing to determine whether the Commissioner will add additional insurance products to the list of products that can be offered by insurers not licensed in California.
- Insurance Code Section 789 Hearing - A hearing to determine whether the Commissioner will assess penalties against a licensee for selling excessive disability coverage to persons over 65.
- Prohibited Persons Hearing - Appeal of Denial of Consent pursuant to 18 U.S.C. section 1033.
- Policy Form Withdrawal Hearing - Pursuant to Insurance Code section 10291.5(f), the Commissioner can withdraw approval of a policy form. The affected insurer may request a hearing to determine whether the withdrawal should be annulled, modified, or confirmed.
- CIGA Hearing - A hearing concerning a grievance by a member insurer from an action or decision of the California Insurance Guarantee Association. Ins. Code Section 1063.9(b).