Regulations & Guidance
California Code of Regulations (CCR)
All official California regulations, including those promulgated by the Department of Insurance, are available free of charge on the official California Code of Regulations Website. You can find regulations promulgated by the Department of Insurance regulations in Title 10 Chapter 5 of the CCR.
General information about how a regulation becomes law.
Public Participation in the Rulemaking Process
If you would like to receive notices of proposed regulatory action issued by the Department please e-mail CDIRegulations@insurance.ca.gov and indicate which of the following categories you are interested in. If you prefer to receive notices of proposed regulatory action through the US mail instead of e-mail, please indicate so when you submit your request.
Regulation Public Notice Mailing List Categories
- A. Property & Casualty, Rate Regulation, Discrimination, and Underserved Communities
- B. Life, Disability, Health, Long-term Care, Workers’ Compensation, and Annuities
- C. Agents, Brokers, Adjusters, and Administrators
- D. Market Conduct and Fair Claims Practices
- E. Insurer Financial Regulation and Solvency, Corporate Transactions and Applications, and Reinsurance
- F. Fraud and Criminal Investigations
- G. Slavery, Holocaust, and Related Issues
- Z. All Initial Public Notices of Proposed Regulatory Action (this does not include 15-day post-hearing public notices)