Online Renewal Service
Renew Your License Online - Service Also Available for Late Renewals
Sircon has a Renew or Reinstate a License for you to use to renew your license! Sircon guides the licensee, step-by-step, through the renewal process by asking the same questions that are asked on the paper renewal application. The licensee is able to answer the questions online, update contact information (address, e-mail, etc.), and submit a credit card (American Express, VISA, or MasterCard) or debit card (with the VISA or MasterCard logo) payment. Credit and debit card transactions are encrypted and no one but the licensee and his or her credit or debt card company has access to the credit card number.
If all license requirements are met, the licensing record is updated on CDI's Web site and the renewed license can immediately be printed using Sircon's Print a License service. All licensed insurance agents, brokers, adjusters, and bail agents can use use the Renew or Reinstate a License.
Requirements for On-Time Renewals
- The current license term will expire between 1 and 90 days in the future.
- California resident licensees who have not as yet met required continuing education may still use the on-time renewal service. However, your license will not be renewed until the required continuing education hours are completed. To be considered as an on-time renewal, your continuing education must be completed before the expiration date of your license. CDI suggests that you complete your continuing education at least 60 days prior to the expiration date of your license to allow sufficient time for Education Providers to report the continuing education hours.
Requirements for Late Renewals
Sircon's Renew or Reinstate a License is also available to insurance agents, brokers, and adjusters who want to renew their licenses after the license expiration date has passed. Additionally, the online renewal service is available to insurance agents, brokers, and adjusters who previously used the Renew or Reinstate a License as an on-time renewal but were not able to renew their license because not all of the requirements to renew were met prior to the license expiration date. The Renew or Reinstate a License allows these licensees, once their requirements have been met, to complete the renewal of their license by paying the 50 percent late penalty fee.
The Renew or Reinstate a License for late renewals is not available to bail agents, who by law must reapply as a new applicant if their license is not renewed prior to the expiration date.
- A renewal is considered to be late if all renewal requirements are not met on or before the expiration date of the license.
- Licenses may be renewed up to one year after the license expiration date.
What You Need to Renew Your License Online
Before using Sircon's Renew or Reinstate a License, CDI recommends that you do the following:
- If you received your renewal e-mail reminder that was sent to you by CDI, please have it available as it contains information that may help you renew your license online. The notice contains your license number and six-digit renewal ID number that is located on the upper right hand corner of the notice.
- If you did not receive your renewal notice, you may still use this service by providing the last four digits of your social security number, license number, and date of birth.
- Have a credit card (American Express, VISA, or MasterCard) or debit card (with the VISA or MasterCard logo) with you. Credit and debit card transactions are encrypted and no one but the licensee and his or her credit or debit card company has access to the card number.
- An e-mail address is required.
- Be prepared to print your confirmation page that you will receive at the completion of the transaction. For your convenience, an e-mail confirmation will also be sent.
- Go to the Renew or Reinstate a License to renew your license now.
If you need further assistance, please call the CDI's Licensing Hotline at (800) 967-9331, or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.