This section offers valuable information to protect seniors and their loved ones from being taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals.
Subscribe to receive e-mail message whenever information on this page is updated.
After the Fire Tips
Annuity Scam Alerts
- Deceptive Sales Practices When Purchasing Annuities
- Anualidades y Personas de Edad Avanzada - En Espanol
General Information about Deceptive Practices and Scams
- Protect Yourself: Avoid Deceptive Sales Practices - Source: NAIC
- Top 10 Frauds Targeting Seniors - Source: US Senate/Special Committee on Aging
Locate a Life Insurance Policy
If you suspect that a loved one had a life policy, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has created a Life Insurance Policy Locator service to help consumers locate benefits from life insurance policies or annuity contracts purchased anywhere in the United States.
Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCI) Alert
- Medicare Benefits Protection Toolkit - Source: Ca Dept. of Aging (PDF)
- Medicare Issues New Rules to Enforce Marketing Requirements - Source: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Medicare Part D Alerts
- Beware of Scam Artists Selling Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Beneficiarios de Medicare: Alerta Contra Estafadores Vendiendo Plan de Medicamentos Parte D - En Espanol