Appendix A - ACH Debit Instructions
The following pages explain what information you will need to report your EFT tax payment transaction. We have provided sample scripts of the questions that will be asked for both voice and touch tone telephone communications.
Before You Call
The following information is needed before initiating your ACH Debit transactions:
- EFT Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
This is your California Department of Insurance assigned EFT Taxpayer Identification Number, specifically assigned to you for reporting your tax payments. This EFT TIN is for making tax payments through EFT and does not affect your CDI permanent number or your license number.
- Security Code
This is the 4-digit security code you have created for accessing the ACH network.
- Tax Type Code
The tax type code identifies the type of tax payment you are making.
- Tax Due Date
Indicates the tax due date for which you are reporting. See "Tax Due Dates" section for more information. This information must be given in MMDDYY format for touch tone telephone and computer entries.
- Payment Amount
Indicate the total dollars and cents.
- Date your Bank Account Will Be Debited
Indicates the date you would like the State's data collection service to debit your bank account for the tax payment. This information must be given in MMDDYY format for touch tone telephone and computer entries. The date can be as many as 90 days in advance of the date you want your bank account debited. Please make sure that the date you specify for your bank account to be debited is not a weekend or observed holiday.
ACH Debit Instructions For...
- click for a sample script of an ACH Debit payment reported to the State's data collection service using a touch tone telephone.
- click for a sample script of an operator assisted call for an ACH Debit payment reported to the State's data collection service.
- click for a sample script when canceling a tax payment. A cancellation can be made on transactions until the day before your account is debited for payment.
- click for a sample script when making an inquiry about a tax payment.
- click for a sample script to change the security code of ACH Debit taxpayers.
- click for a sample script of an ACH Debit Online Payments reported to the State's data collection service using your personal computer.