Skip to Main Content
Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance
CA Department of Insurance
CA Department of Insurance

Variable Contract Authority

How do I add variable contract authority to my life-only agent license?

To have Variable Contract authority added to your license you must be registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and approved for California. If you are an active Life-Only agent and wish to add Variable Contract authority to your existing license you must email your request, including your Central Registration Depository number (CRD), to the Producer Licensing Bureau.

General Licensing Information

Education Providers

If you need further assistance, please call the California Department of Insurance's (CDI) Producer Licensing Bureau at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau.  

Google Translate