CDI's Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
Insurance Protection for All Californians.
We protect all Californians by fairly regulating the insurance industry to ensure a competitive and sustainable market, investigating fraud, and advocating for change through awareness, public policy, and service.
As public servants, we value:
• Integrity - We operate ethically and honestly, treating all with dignity and respect.
• Dedication - We are committed to fulfilling our mission, advancing our goals, maintaining expertise, and being responsive to Californians.
• Accountability - We are empowered to openly communicate, consistently engage in our work, and take responsibility for our actions.
• Adaptability - We promote a culture of creativity and problem-solving by valuing new ideas, processes, and technologies to further serve Californians and their needs.
• Teamwork - We foster a diverse and inclusive environment to lead, support, motivate, and achieve.
CDI will meet its mission by working toward four long-term strategic goals:
1. Consumer Protection: Empower Californians through education, advocacy, service, regulation, and fraud protection.
2. Workforce Development: Engage and develop employees to maintain a highly-skilled and diverse workforce.
3. Operational Efficiency: Modernize operations for optimal performance and risk management.
4. Fiscal Responsibility: Responsibly manage and optimize Department resources and utilize them to further priorities.
Explore our full plan at CDI's Strategic Plan 2021-2023.