COIN Advisory Board
COIN has traditionally maintained an advisory board, and Assembly Bill 624 (2010) gave the Insurance Commissioner the discretion to formally establish this board. The COIN Advisory Board, consisting of the Insurance Commissioner and several leaders in the insurance industry and economic development sector, provides focus and guidance to COIN, ensuring that its policies and procedures are in keeping with its mission statement. The Board shall also advise COIN on the best methods of increasing insurance investments while providing fair returns to investors and social benefits to communities.
COIN Advisory Board Members:
- Ophir Bruck is a representative with experience seeking investments that provide environmental benefits. Mr. Bruck is Senior Director, ESG Solutions for S & P Global.
- Doug Bystry represents a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). Mr. Bystry is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Clearinghouse CDFI.
- Stephanie Chan is an insurance investment executive and is Chief Investment Officer at the State Compensation Insurance Fund.
- Vanessa Delgado is a local economic development practitioner and President of Azure Development.
- Rudy Espinoza is a consumer advocacy group representative and Executive Director of Inclusive Action for the City, a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution.
- Debra Gore-Mann is a representative with experience seeking investments for low-to-moderate-income or rural communities and is the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Greenlining Institute.
- Maïté Irakoze Baur is an insurance investment executive and a Chief Investment Officer for Farmers Insurance Group.
- Jennifer Keith is the current COIN Advisory Board Vice-Chair, an affordable housing practitioner, and the Managing Partner at Ethos Real Estate.
- Ileana Ovalle was appointed by the California Senate Rules Committee. Ms. Ovalle is Strategy & Governance Advisor for the Qualcomm Institute at the California Institute for Telecommunications & Information Technology, UCSD.
- Heberto Sanchez is a member of the public appointed by the Speaker of the Assembly. Mr. Sanchez is the Founder and President of The Latino Educational Fund.
- T. C. Wilson is the current COIN Advisory Board Chair, and an insurance investment executive and Chief Investment Officer at The Doctors Company.
- Gina Zapanta is a licensed attorney practicing insurance law, and a Co-Founder of Z.A. Lawyers, a workers’ compensation firm.
COIN Advisory Board Members: Detailed Biographies
Upcoming COIN Advisory Board Meetings:
- March 14, 2024, from 1-4pm PST
- August 1, 2024, from 1-4pm PST
- November 7, 2024, from 1-4pm PST
COIN e-mail and telephone number: firstname.lastname@example.org (916) 492-3525