COIN CDFI Certification Program
About the Program
CDFIs are mission-driven community organizations, separate from government control, dedicated to providing financial products and services to low-income communities underserved by traditional financial markets.
Here are the minimum criteria an organization must meet to apply for certification:
- Is a private financial institution
- Is located in California
- Has community development as its primary mission
- Lends or invests in urban, rural, or reservation-based communities within California
How to Apply
Organizations that meet the minimum criteria are encouraged to apply for certification through the COIN Program.
Here are the steps to apply:
- Contact COIN at COIN@insurance.ca.gov with your personal contact information (bio) in order for COIN representatives to add you to the Impact Investment Marketplace contact list. COIN will then send you a link to finish your account setup
- Click the link per the email from COIN and complete your account setup
- Complete the COIN CDFI Certification Application on the Impact Investment Marketplace