Skip to Main Content
Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance
CA Department of Insurance
CA Department of Insurance

Crop Insurance Adjuster License

Crop insurance adjuster means a person who investigates, negotiates, or settles crop insurance claims.

Pursuant to section 14085(a) of the California Insurance Code (CIC), upon application, the commissioner shall issue a crop insurance adjuster license to a person who meets both of the following requirements:

  1. Obtains an insurance adjuster license, with the exception of the examination requirement of Section 14026.
  2. Provides evidence that he or she has satisfactorily completed the loss adjustment training curriculum and competency testing required by the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Standard Reinsurance Agreement.

For information on how to obtain an insurance adjuster license, please review the Insurance Adjuster (Independent) requirements page.

To obtain Crop Insurance Adjuster licensing information, you may phone the Producer Licensing Bureau's Adjuster unit at (916) 492-3085.

Google Translate