Producer Background Information
The California Department of Insurance's (CDI) Producer Licensing Bureau and Producer Licensing Background Section prepared the following web pages to provide information relating to licensing background issues. Specifically, the web pages include information on Proposition 64, the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, the guidelines used by CDI in determining the denial, suspension, revocation, and/or restriction of an insurance producer license or license application, federal law pertaining to the filing requirements for obtaining written consent under Title 18 United States Code Section 1033, background change reporting requirements, and the insurance producer's responsibility to respond to an inquiry by the Commissioner.
- Information for Producer License Applicants Regarding Proposition 64, the “Adult Use of Marijuana Act”
- Producer Licensing Background Review Guidelines
- Filing Requirements for Written Consent
- Licensing Background Change Reporting Requirements
- Responsibility to Respond to an Inquiry
The following links provide information relating to the review of licensing background cases.