The California Department of Insurance website contain links to websites owned or maintained by other government, private, or not-for-profit entities. We provide these links for convenience and information purposes only. A link does not constitute an endorsement of content, viewpoint, policies, products or services. Once you link to a website not maintained by the California Department of Insurance, you are subject to the policies, terms and conditions of that website.
- Attorney General's Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse
Provides information and resources regarding Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse.
- California Department of Aging - The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program
Offers consumer counseling on Medicare, Medicare supplement policies, HMOs and Long-Term Care Insurance.
- California Department of Business Oversight - Seniors Against Investment
Alerts and educates Californians over the age of 50 about investment and telemarketing fraud crimes.
- California Health Advocates
Provides advocacy and education for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
CMS is a federal agency that administers the Medicare program.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Managing Someone Else's Money
Their mission is to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans - whether they are applying for a mortgage, choosing among credit cards, or using any number of other consumer financial products.
- County Welfare Directors Association of California (CWDA)
CWDA is a non-profit association representing the human service directors from each of California's 58 counties.
- Department of Managed Care/Office of the Patient Advocate
Inform and educate consumers about their rights and responsibilities as health plan enrollees.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Preserves and promotes public confidence in the U.S. financial system.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
FINRA is an independent, not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to protect America’s investors by making sure the securities industry operates fairly and honestly.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
Extensive insurance information for consumers and insurance companies including free consumer insurance guides and news headlines and alerts.
- Senior Gateway
This site is sponsored by the Elder Financial Abuse Inter-agency Roundtable (E-Fair) of which the CDI is a part.
- State Bar of California - Seniors & the Law: A Guide for Maturing Californians
General guide which covers subjects specific to seniors and the law.
Official U.S. Government website for seniors.