2013 Insurer Supplier Diversity Survey
In 2013, over 200 insurance companies met the threshold to report on the 2013 Insurer Supplier Diversity Survey and 100% of them submitted. The reports yielded the following information about supplier diversity within the insurance industry:
- 1,300 contracts were awarded for a total diverse spend of $930 million with California's diverse businesses
- Of these contracts:
- 28% were with Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs)
- 27% were with Women Business Enterprises (WBEs)
- 1% were with Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBEs)*
- Less than 1% were with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs)
*The remaining contracts were with diverse businesses of which the specific certification was unknownThe 2013 ISD Survey set the baseline for supplier diversity in the insurance industry.
The next Survey was issued to insurance companies on April 15, 2015.