Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI)
The Insurance Diversity Initiative works to advance supplier and governing board diversity within California’s $371 billion insurance industry.
The nationally-recognized Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI or Initiative) was established in 2011 to focus on diversity issues within California’s $371 billion insurance industry (the third largest insurance industry in the world.) Specifically, these efforts by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from diverse suppliers and enhanced diversity among insurer governing boards. The Initiative accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and publicly disseminate information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as spearheading public policy, outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted events.
- Register Now! The 2022 Virtual Insurance Diversity Summit is scheduled for November 10, 2022. Join Us!
- Public Notice: Insurance Diversity Task Force Governing Board Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 10 am PDT
- Public Notice: Insurance Diversity Taks Force Supplier Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 11 am PDT
- The 2022 California Insurance Diversity Survey administration period has commenced. Reporting notifications have been sent to Respondent Companies on April 11, 2022.
- COVID-19 Resources
- Latest Update on Response to COVID-19 for 2020 California Insurance Diversity Survey
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!