COIN CDFI Certification Program
About the Program
All Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that are eligible to participate in the COIN CDFI Tax Credit Program must be certified by COIN. CDFIs are mission-driven community organizations, separate from government control, dedicated to providing financial products and services to low-income communities underserved by traditional financial markets.
Here are the minimum criteria an organization must meet to apply for certification:
- Is a private financial institution
- Is located in California
- Has community development as its primary mission
- Lends or invests in urban, rural, or reservation-based communities within California
How to Apply
Organizations that meet the minimum criteria are encouraged to apply for certification through the COIN Program.
Here are the steps to apply:
- Review the Application Guidelines
- Complete the COIN CDFI Certification Application Form
- Attach the required supplemental materials to the COIN CDFI Certification Application Form
- Mail a copy of your application packet to COIN's Los Angeles office and e-mail a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org