Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance

Long Term Care Courses Frequently Asked Questions

Long-Term Care Courses

I sell Long Term Care products. How often do I need to complete a Long Term Care course*? 

Your Long-Term Care training requirements are based on your overall CE requirements; however, this requirement shall be part of, and not in addition to, the California resident licensee's continuing education requirements in CIC Section 1749.3. During each of the first four years of being a licensed agent, you are required to complete a specifically designated California Long Term Care* 8-hour course (without duplicating a course during the same license term). If you have been licensed for four years or longer, you are required to complete one 8-hour California Long Term Care* course during each two year license term.

All agents that sell Long-Term Care products, who are exempt from continuing education requirements (non-residents or CIC Section 1749.3(c))*, must complete a specifically designated California Long-Term Care* 8-hour course once during each two year license term. 

*Disclaimer - No course approved for either prelicensing or continuing education hours or any designation resulting from completion of such courses should be construed to be endorsed by the Commissioner.

If you need further assistance, please call CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau's toll free number at (800) 967-9331. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the California Department of Insurance.

Font Size: Translate: Español