- When does it take effect?
- Requirements for obtaining a license
- Requirements For Employers and Employees
- Conditions to Selling Self-Service Storage Insurance
- Permitted Acts
- Prohibited Acts
- Checklist of Application Filing Requirements
Assembly Bill 2520
(Chapter 279, Statutes of 2004)
Assembly Bill 2520 creates a self-service storage agent license and authorizes the California Department of Insurance to issue a license to a self-service storage facility or its franchisee.
What Kinds of Insurance May a Self-Service Storage Agent Sell?
Insurance that provides hazard coverage to renters for the loss of, or damage to, tangible personal property in storage or in transit during the renewal period, and only in connection with and incidental, to self-service storage rental agreements.