Pursuant to CIC 1758.76(b)
- Purchase of insurance is not required, however, the licensee's employees may advise the renter that the self-service storage facility's rental agreement may contain provisions requiring the renter to provide insurance on his/her property in the storage unit.
- Self-Service Storage insurance may be duplicative of insurance maintained by renter
- Endorsees are not qualified or allowed to evaluate the renter's existing insurance
- Evidence of coverage must be provided to the renter
- Statement that the insurance is provided under an individual policy issued to the renter, or a group policy issued to the self-service storage facility, by an authorized insurer
- Disclosures must be acknowledged by renter or conspicuously displayed at the rental counter or where ever the rental contracts are executed
Return to Self-Service Storage Agent Licensing Main Page