Agents & Brokers Overview
Producer Online Services
Applying for a License
Seeking Pre-Licensing / Continuing Education
Producer Background Information
Producer Licensing Forms
Renewing a License
Non-Resident License Renewal
Checking License Status
Updating Licensee Info
Applying to Become an Approved Education Provider
|-For Agents & Brokers-
AGENTS & BROKERS: Required Content of Brochures
Pursuant to CIC 1758.76(a)
The self-service storage agent must provide brochures or other written materials to the prospective renter that do all of the following:
- Summarize the material terms and conditions of coverage offered to renters, including the identity of the insurer.
- Describe the process for filing a claim, including a toll-free telephone number to report a claim.
- Disclose any additional information on the price, benefits, exclusions, conditions, or other limitations of those policies that the commissioner may by rule prescribe.
- Provide the licensee's name, address, telephone number, and license number, as well as the availability of the California Department of Insurance's (CDI) toll-free consumer hotline.
- Other information may be required by the CDI.
Return to Self-Service Storage Agent Licensing Main Page