Required Disclosures to Renter
Pursuant to Section 1758.86(c) of the CIC, the rental car agent or endorsee makes all the following disclosures to the renter, which shall be acknowledged by the renter.
- Purchase of insurance is not required
- Car rental insurance may be duplicative of insurance maintained by renter
- Endorsees are not qualified or allowed to evaluate the renter's existing insurance
- Evidence of coverage must be provided to the renter
- Statement that the insurance is provided under an individual policy issued to the renter, or a group policy issued to the rental car company, by an authorized insurer
- Disclosures must be acknowledged by renter or conspicuously displayed at the rental counter or where ever the rental contracts are executed