Prelicensing Educational and Examination Objectives
The following Prelicensing Educational and Examination Objectives were formatted to meet the Americans for Disability Act requirements (e.g. removed underlining and bolding, no italics, no CAPS). The topic changes that were made to the educational objectives can be found in the Archived Prelicensing Educational Objectives link noted below.Word Format
- Accident and Health Agent Educational Objectives
- Bail Educational Objectives
- Casualty Broker-Agent Educational Objectives
- Commercial Educational Objectives
- Insurance Adjuster (Independent) Examination Objectives
- Life and Disability Analyst Examination Objectives
- Life-Limited to the Payment of Funeral and Burial Expenses Examination Objectives
- Life-Only Educational Objectives
- Limited Lines Automobile Agent Educational Objectives
- Personal Lines Broker-Agent Educational Objectives
- Property Broker-Agent Educational Objectives
- Public Insurance Adjuster Educational Objectives
- 12 Hour Ethics and California Insurance Code Educational Objectives
Spanish Language Examinations
Section 1677(b) of the California Insurance Code requires that on and after January 1, 2018 four of the department's licensing exams must be provided in the Spanish language. Specifically, the four exams are: life-only, life/accident and health, life-limited to the payment of funeral and burial expenses and accident and health.
To assist education providers to prepare for when the Spanish language exams will be available, we are providing the educational objectives for the four exams well in advance of January 1, 2018. Below are the links to the Spanish language versions of these educational objectives:
- Accident and Health Agent Spanish Language Educational Objectives
- Life-Limited to the Payment of Funeral and Burial Expenses Spanish Language Examination Objectives
- Life-Only Spanish Language Educational Objectives
- 12 Hour Ethics and California Insurance Code Spanish Language Educational Objectives
If you need further assistance, please call CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau's Education Unit at (916) 492-3064. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the California Department of Insurance.
*The Prelicensing Educational and Examination Objectives are available in Adobe's Portable Document Format (pdf). To view these pdf forms on your browser you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. A free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from the Free Document Readers website.