Senior Scam Alerts
This section offers valuable information to protect seniors and their loved ones from being taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals
Subscribe to receive e-mail message whenever information on this page is updated.
After the Fire Tips
Annuity Scam Alerts
- Deceptive Sales Practices When Purchasing Annuities
- Anualidades y Personas de Edad Avanzada - En Espanol
General Information about Deceptive Practices
- Protect Yourself: Avoid Deceptive Sales Practices - Source: NAIC
Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCI) Alert
- Medicare Benefits Protection Toolkit - Source: Ca Dept. of Aging (PDF)
- Medicare Issues New Rules to Enforce Marketing Requirements - Source: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Medicare Part D Alerts
- Beware of Scam Artists Selling Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Beneficiarios de Medicare: Alerta Contra Estafadores Vendiendo Plan de Medicamentos Parte D - En Espanol
Senior Educational Advisories
These advisories have been prepared by the California Department of Insurance to help seniors protect themselves against predatory insurance sales practices.
If you have any questions about an insurance offer, scheme, or agent we can help. Please call our toll free telephone 1-800-927-4357 or see our Contact Us page.
- Financial protection for older Americans
- Additional resources for older Americans and their Families
- Money Smart for Older Adults