We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed. We will review and post comments according to the policy below. The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the California Department of Insurance (CDI).
We want to publish your comments, but we expect comments to be courteous. All public comments are reviewed before posting. They will not be edited by CDI staff, but they must comply with CDI guidelines in order to be posted. The guidelines are as follows:
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- The use of hate speech, including that directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability is prohibited.
- Public comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. These sites are not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- The comments are not open to promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The comments are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Do not submit copyrighted or other proprietary material in any form unless you clearly indicate that you have permission to do so. By posting your comments or other work, you grant CDI and anyone viewing the CDI Web site irrevocable permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform the commenter's work publicly and free-of-charge.
Your comments submitted through the Health Rate Filings Comment page will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to CDI or any official or employee of CDI for any purpose, including public comment on pending regulations.
If you are a reporter, please send questions to the CDI Press Office through normal channels rather than by submitting questions here as comments. It is our policy not to post reporter questions.
We recognize that the Internet is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage state resources, we intend to review and post comments from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday except for state holidays. We intend to review and post comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day.
We ask you to provide your name and e-mail address. We will not publish anonymous comments. We request your name to make it easier to carry on a conversation and will publish your name along with your comment. We ask for your e-mail address so that we can contact you if necessary. It is our policy not to publish your e-mail address.
To protect your privacy, please do not include information (e.g., an e-mail address or phone number) in the text of your comment that can be used to contact you. We do not edit the content of comments. It is our policy to not post comments containing such personal information.
Thank you for taking the time to read this comment policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas. This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
If you have questions about this comment policy or how we apply it, please contact us.