Insurance Diversity Initiative
The Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI) was established by Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones in 2011 in an effort to focus on diversity issues within California's $288 billion insurance industry. Specifically, these efforts both by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from California's diverse suppliers and diversity amongst insurer governing boards. The Department accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and make public information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as through outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted Annual Diversity Summit. The first action of the Commissioner was a 2011 Voluntary Survey sent to the state's top insurers to understand the state of supplier diversity and governing board diversity in the industry. Since then, the Initiative has administered mandated surveys to measure progress and encourage better results.
- Public Notice - 2nd Quarterly Task Force Meeting - Wednesday, May 31st
- Now Open: RFO 17003 - Matchmaking Services Bids Due by Wednesday, May 24th
- 6th Annual Insurance Diversity Summit - Save the Date
- 2016 Multistate Insurance Diversity Survey - Results
- 2016 MIDS Results: Presentation Slides - Presented at the 5th Annual Summit, December 2016
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!
- Share your success stories!
Interested in serving on a board or committee? Visit our Boards and Committees page for more information!