Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI)
The Insurance Diversity Initiative works to advance supplier and governing board diversity within California’s $310 billion insurance industry.
The Insurance Diversity Initiative (IDI or Initiative) was established in 2011 to focus on diversity issues within California’s $310 billion insurance industry. Specifically, these efforts by Department staff and the Commissioner-appointed Insurance Diversity Task Force are meant to encourage increased procurement from diverse suppliers and enhanced diversity among insurer governing boards. The Initiative accomplishes these goals by conducting surveys to collect and publicly disseminate information about the diversity efforts of insurers, as well as through outreach, partnerships, and Department-hosted events.
- Public Notice: Insurance Diversity Task Force Governing Board Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - Thursday, January 21, 2021 - 9:00 am PST
- Public Notice: Insurance Diversity Task Force Supplier Diversity Advisory Group Meeting - Thursday, January 21, 2021 - 1:00 pm PST
- Press Release:New 2021 laws sponsored by Commissioner Lara that protect California insurance consumers ring in the New Year
- COVID-19 Resources
- Latest Update on Response to COVID-19 for 2020 California Insurance Diversity Survey
- Press Release: Commissioner Lara Appoints Members to Insurance Diversity Task Force
- Check the Diversity Events Calendar for upcoming events related to supplier diversity and/or governing board diversity!
- Latest IDI Monthly Newsletter