Please refer to this Important EFT Notice dated April 20, 2016 regarding upcoming changes effective July 1, 2016.
For ACH Debit payments:
- Metavante's website to make payments online starting in July 1, 2009 will be: paycalifornia.com/cdi
- The phone number to make a tax payment is 1-800-5547500
For ACH Credit payments:
- To request the departments transit and routing numbers, please contact the EFT Help Desk. See phone number and email address below.
Methods for making payments:
- Web Interface: We highly recommend that you use this method of payment. It is quick and minimizes input errors. Confirmation of payments are available immediately.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): The phone method
- Customer Service Representative (CSR): Live operator
- Reversal entries: NACHA rules governing EFT payments allow for an originator of a duplicate or erroneous payment to initiate a reversal entry. Please note: If you have a need to initiate a reversal entry, please contact the CDI Accounting Services Bureau for assistance.
- EFT Information Guide (PDF) (and visit EFT Table of Contents).
If you have any questions regarding the California Department of Insurance's EFT Program, registration, or electronic funds payment transactions, please call EFT Help Desk: (916) 492-3288 or write to the following address:
California Department of Insurance
Accounting Services Bureau
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1400
Sacramento, CA 95814
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top