Policy Approval Bureau Form Filing Applications
The mission of the Policy Approval Bureau (PAB) is to protect California consumers and encourage a vibrant market by effectively exercising timely oversight and review so that insurers market and advertise insurance products in accordance with the California law. Products reviewed by PAB include Group Non-health, Supplemental Life Insurance, Variable Contracts, Group and Individual Health Insurance, Medicare Supplement, Individual Non-health, Individual and Group Credit Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and Workers' Compensation Insurance. Such reviews are crucial to prevent inappropriate policies from entering the market.
This page contains links intended to assist you with policy form filing submissions and to expedite the review process.
Some of the information provided is in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF). To view the PDF forms on your browser you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 or higher on your computer. For a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader visit our Free Document Readers link at the bottom of every page.
- Procedural Information, Policy Approval
- Products Reviewed by PAB
- Filing Fees for Documents Submitted to PAB
- Health Policy Component Location List
- Disability Income Documents
- Guideline for California Long-Term Care Insurance Policies
- Conversion Checklist for Partnership LTC Policies
- Checklist for Ins. Code, § 10295 Accelerated Death Benefits
- Filing Requirements for Life Insurance Policies and Annuity Contracts