Health Policy Approval Bureau Filing Instructions
The mission of the Health Policy Approval Bureau (HPAB) is to protect California consumers and encourage a vibrant market by effectively exercising timely oversight and review so that insurers market and advertise insurance products in accordance with California law. Products reviewed by HPAB include Group and Individual Health Insurance, Medicare Supplement, Student Blanket and Specialized Health. Such reviews are crucial to prevent inappropriate policies from entering the market.
This page contains links intended to assist you with policy form and other filing submissions and to expedite the review process.
- 2017 Filing Instructions – Individual and Small Group Health Filings and Exchange Dental - Updated 4/7/16
- Non-Standard Plans and Modifications Workbook 2017 - Updated 4/8/16
- Mental Health Parity Analysis Workbook 2017 - Updated 4/6/16
- Mental Health Parity Supporting Documentation Template 2017 - Updated 4/8/16
- Network Adequacy Filing Instructions 2017 - Updated 5/18/16
- Network Waiver Filing Instructions 2017 - Updated 5/18/16
- CDI Supplemental Provider Data Template 2017 - Updated 5/18/16
Some of the information provided is in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF). To view the PDF forms on your browser you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 or higher on your computer. For a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader visit our Free Document Readers link at the bottom of every page. Other documents are provided in Microsoft Word or Excel formats for your use.