California Amended Certificate of Authority
Notice: California accepts the NAIC electronic UCAA applications. If filing an expansion or primary application, please submit two backup hard copies.
In the event that an insurer's city of domicile or city and state of domicile differs from the California Certificate of Authority, then it must submit an application to the Department to amend its certificate of authority. Below you will find detailed instructions for submitting an application for a change of city of domicile within the domestic state and instructions for the change of the domiciliary state. The application must be submitted in duplicate along with the applicable filing fee.
- Change of City of Domicile
- Name Reservation Letter
- ACAApplication Form
- ACA Name
- Redomestication of Admitted Insurer
- UCAA Corporate Amendments Application
- Application Form for Certificate of Authority
- Amended Certificate of Authority Checklist
- Affidavit Instructions
- Individual Affidavit Form
- Appointment of Agent for Service of Process
- Plan of Operations Guidelines