Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance

California Amended Certificate of Authority

Notice:  California accepts the NAIC electronic UCAA applications. If filing an expansion or primary application, please submit two backup hard copies.

In the event that an insurer's city of domicile or city and state of domicile differs from the California Certificate of Authority, then it must submit an application to the Department to amend its certificate of authority. Below you will find detailed instructions for submitting an application for a change of city of domicile within the domestic state and instructions for the change of the domiciliary state. The application must be submitted in duplicate along with the applicable filing fee.


Font Size: Translate: Español