Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance

Underwritten Title Company Merger

Whether or not there is a restriction on any stock certificate for an underwritten title company, underwritten title companies must apply for and receive consent of the Department prior to merging or when substantially all of their business or assets are going to be transferred, including transfers by stock purchase.  For underwritten title company applicants filing a 1011(c) application for consent to a transfer of all or substantially all of its business, including a transfer of substantially all of its shares, the UTC must also file a completed "Checklist for Requests to Transfer Shares of an Underwritten Title Company," available on the Department's Web site together with the referenced documents.

Application for Consent to Merger

Instructions to Complete a Merger Application

Font Size: Translate: Español