Skip to Main Content
Contact Us Search
CA Department of Insurance

Variable Contracts

Licensing Information

Section 1758.1 of the California Insurance Code states that the Commissioner may grant authority to transact Variable Contracts to a person or a business entity licensed as a life-only agent which is appointed by an admitted insurer which is required to register itself or to register a separate account or fund with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission or to register its variable policies or contracts with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The person or business entity must submit acceptable proof of registration with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) before authority to transact Variable Contracts can be granted. There is no fee to add Variable Contracts to the life-only agent license.

Font Size: Translate: Español