Agent Language Locator
Locate an insurance agent that speaks your desired language. The California Department of Insurance’s (CDI) online Agent Language Locator service will provide you with a list* of agents located within 5, 10, 25 or 50 miles of your selected zip code or city in California. The list also provides you with the agent’s business telephone numbers, links to each of the agent’s CDI’s Check License Status web page, and a Google map for you to received directions to the agent’s business locations.
To receive a list of agents that speak your desired language, go to the Agent Language Locator service and select the following information from the drop down menus that are provided on the screen:
- “License Type” (i.e., an insurance agent/broker, bail agent, life & disability analyst, or public insurance adjuster);
- Insurance Type (i.e., automobile, health homeowners/renters, life and disability, long term care, workers’ compensation);
- Language the consumer speaks;
- Zip code or city/state where the consumer is located; and,
- Select the “Locate Agent” button to retrieve your list of agents that speak your desired language.
This service is accessible from both mobile equipment and desktop computers.
*If a list of agents is not retrieved after selecting the 50 mile distance to locate an agent that speaks your desired language, please call CDI's Licensing Hotline at (800) 967-9331, or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include the language that the agent is to speak, your name, telephone number, license number (if applicable) and e-mail address in all correspondence with the Department.
Disclaimer - The licensees listed on the Agent Language Locator -Preference results page are based on information reported to the California Department of Insurance (CDI) by its licensees. CDI is providing information about its licensees' spoken languages as a service to consumers. CDI is not endorsing any insurance agent/broker, bail agent or public adjuster that may be listed on the results page.