The California Department of Insurance website contain links to websites owned or maintained by other government, private, or not-for-profit entities. We provide these links for convenience and information purposes only. A link does not constitute an endorsement of content, viewpoint, policies, products or services. Once you link to a website not maintained by the California Department of Insurance, you are subject to the policies, terms and conditions of that website.
- Attorney General's Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse
Provides information and resources regarding Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse.
- California Department of Aging - The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program
Offers consumer counseling on Medicare, Medicare supplement policies, HMOs and Long-Term Care Insurance.
- California Department of Business Oversight - Seniors Against Investment
Alerts and educates Californians over the age of 50 about investment and telemarketing fraud crimes.
- California Health Advocates
Provides advocacy and education for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
CMS is a federal agency that administers the Medicare program.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Managing Someone Else's Money
Their mission is to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans - whether they are applying for a mortgage, choosing among credit cards, or using any number of other consumer financial products.
- County Welfare Directors Association of California (CWDA)
CWDA is a non-profit association representing the human service directors from each of California's 58 counties.
- Department of Managed Care/Office of the Patient Advocate
Inform and educate consumers about their rights and responsibilities as health plan enrollees.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Preserves and promotes public confidence in the U.S. financial system.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
FINRA is an independent, not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to protect America’s investors by making sure the securities industry operates fairly and honestly.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
Extensive insurance information for consumers and insurance companies including free consumer insurance guides and news headlines and alerts.
- Senior Gateway
This site is sponsored by the Elder Financial Abuse Inter-agency Roundtable (E-Fair) of which the CDI is a part.
- State Bar of California - Seniors & the Law: A Guide for Maturing
General guide which covers subjects specific to seniors and the law.
- U.S. Senate - Special Committee on Aging
The U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging publishes materials of assistance to those interested in public policies which relate to the elderly.
Official U.S. Government website for seniors.