Aetna-CVS Merger Information
Commissioner Jones held a hearing to gather testimony from interested parties regarding the proposed merger of Aetna Inc. into CVS Health Corporation. The hearing was held on:
Tuesday, June 19th, 2018
California Department of Insurance
Hearing Room, 22nd Floor
45 Fremont Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Please see this Hearing Notice for more information.
The hearing was webcast live. Please visit this page to view the archived video.
The hearing transcript is also available for public viewing: Aetna-CVS Hearing Transcript
Decision Letter: Commissioner Jones urges the US Department of Justice to block the merger of CVS and Aetna
Submissions from CVS and Aetna
- CVS-Aetna Supplemental Submission to CDI. July 3, 2018.
- CVS-Aetna Supplemental Submission to CDI. July 16, 2018.
Expert Witness Reports:
- Burns Written Hearing Report. Burns, Lawton R., Director, The Wharton Center for Health Management and Economics at the University of Pennsylvania. June 19, 2018.
- Greaney Written Hearing Report. Greaney, Thomas, Professor of Law, University of California Hastings College of Law. June 19, 2018.
- Scheffler Written Hearing Report. Scheffler, Richard, Professor of Health Economics and Public Policy, University of California at Berkeley. June 19, 2018.
- Sood Written Hearing Report. Sood, Neeraj, Professor of Health Policy at the University of Southern California. June 14, 2018.
- Starc Written Hearing Report. Starc, Amanda, Associate Professor of Strategy, Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. May 15, 2018, revised July 3, 2018.
- Combined Hearing Powerpoint Presentations. June 19, 2018.
- Lawton Burns response to CVS-Aetna Proposed Merger. July 9, 2018.
- Moss-American Antitrust Institute Response to CVS-Aetna Proposed Merger. July 10, 2018.
- Sood response to CVS-Aetna Proposed Merger. July 20, 2018
Letters from Organizations or Officials:
- Harold Wimmer, American Lung Association, June 14, 2018
- Henry Allen, American Medical Association, June 29, 2018
- Cally Wong, API Council, June 18, 2018
- Tanya Stevenson, Breathe California, June 14, 2018
- Kim Yamasaki, CAUSE, June 7, 2018
- Julian Canete, California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, June 14, 2018
- City Council Member Fernando Vasquez, City of Downey, June 18, 2018
- Benjamin Powell, Consumer Watchdog, June 19, 2018
- Dena Mendelsohn/George Slover, Consumers Union, June 18, 2018
- City Council Member Eloy Morales, City of Inglewood, June 18, 2018
- James L McGhee, JLM Management Group, June 22, 2018
- Mayor Lee Brand, City of Fresno, June 15, 2018
- James Booth, National Association of Hispanic Nurses, June 21, 2018
- Oscar Medina, Optima Medical Management Group, June 19, 2018
- Mayor Gustavo Camacho, City of Pico Rivera, June 15, 2018
- Elizabeth Benson Forer, Venice Family Clinic, June 18, 2018
- Francisco Silva, California Medical Association, June 22, 2018