Long-Term Care Rate & History Guide
The California Department of Insurance (CDI) has annual reports available below or may be requested by the public regarding long-term care (LTC) insurance products. If you are a consumer or member of the public with an insurance inquiry or a complaint or you received a rate increase and you want to have the matter reviewed by the Department, please call the Consumer Hotline (1-800-927-4357) or visit the department's Getting Help page. Our dedicated insurance experts are available to assist you.
The annual reports or LTC informational guide consists of various data and/or reports of long-term care insurance: sample LTC rates by active writers (current LTC companies); the company's consumer service telephone numbers; the types of benefits and policies you can buy (both as an individual and as a member of a group or partnership); sample outlines of coverage; the policy comparison reports; and a premium history (i.e. rate history report) of each company that either maintains LTC insurance or is actively offering/selling LTC insurance in California. The LTC rate history report is reported by the company and displays rate history for nationwide and/or California LTC policy forms for active (current LTC writers) and inactive (currently not writing LTC policies in California) companies.
Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance Guide - 2021 Edition:
- Introduction to Long-Term Care Insurance Rate History
- Long-Term Care Sample Rates
- Consumer Service Numbers
- Long-Term Care Rate History Report - Active Companies
- Long-Term Care Rate History Report - Inactive Companies: Note: The reports are in the process of being updated.
- Outlines of Coverage or Policy Comparison Forms: To request for this specific report only, please email the Data Analytics and Reporting team.
Other Information and Resources