Skip to Contentseparator HomeseparatorCheck License StatussepartorContact UssepartorRequest for Assistance
Welcome to the California Department of Insurance
Site tools
Decrease font size Increase font size Site map Help Print-friendly version
investigation: file a complaint

To file a complaint regarding a suspected violation of the law by an insurance agent, broker, company, or other person, licensed or unlicensed, please visit our Consumer Services Division and submit a Request for Assistance (RFA).

Consumers requiring immediate assistance should call the Department's Hotline number at 1-800-927-HELP (4357) or if calling from outside California, 1-213-897-8921.