Studies, Reports & Publications
- Seismic Safety Commission Assessment Informational Report Fiscal Year 2014-15
- Market Share Reports
- Consumer Complaint Study
- Residential Property Insurance Study
Tables and charts that encompass several years of premium and exposure data on residential property insurance.
- Residential and Commercial Earthquake Insurance Coverage Study
Reports that summarize the premium written, coverage exposures, and number of policies issued on residential property and residential earthquake coverage
- California Earthquake Zoning and Probable Maximum Loss Evaluation Program
Report on California Earthquake Zoning and Probable Maximum Loss Evaluation Program. All licensed insurers annually report their insured exposures for earthquake shake damage on residential and commercial structures in California. These questionnaires include calculations for estimating what is called the Probable Maximum Loss (PML), or the expected insured loss after deductible, for structure and contents damage from a large earthquake. The aggregate results for all reporting companies are published here.
- Research Studies
Research studies in the areas of automobile, health, and homeowners insurance and policy research data calls.
- Annual Report of the Commissioner
- Report on Underserved Communities
In accordance with California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 2646.6, the Commissioner shall report those communities within California by ZIP code that the California Department of Insurance finds to be underserved by the insurance industry. The three main criteria to identify an underserved ZIP code are: 1) Uninsured Motorist Rate; 2) Minority Percentage; and 3) Per Capita Income.
- Previous Reports on Underserved Communities
- Uninsured Motorists - update in progress
- Company Financial Reports
- Credit Insurance Experience Summary Reports
- Credit Property & Credit Unemployment Insurance Experience Summary Report
- Statistical Plans
- Workers' Compensation - List of Disability Reinsurers