Advisory - Commissioner Jones encourages consumers to attend and testify at hearing on major health insurance merger (UPDATE)
News: 2016 Press Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones is holding a public hearing to examine the possible implications of Centene Corporation's proposed acquisition of Health Net Life Insurance Company and Health Net of California, Inc. The commissioner is inviting public comment from consumers and other interested stakeholders at the hearing. The general public is encouraged to attend and provide testimony.
Members of the public who cannot attend can send written comments to the department at Jennifer.Chambers@insurance.ca.gov.
WHO: California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones
WHEN: January 22, 2016
WHERE: State Capitol Building Room 4202
10th and L Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
# # #
- Hearing will air live on CalChannel
- Link to public notice
- Topics to be covered at the hearing may in part include:
- Health Net Life's claims, underwriting, customer service and rates
- Competition in the marketplace
- Health Net Life's continued participation in the individual and group markets, including within Covered California
- PacifiCare Administrative Record
- PacifiCare Precedential Decision and Order
- Centene-Health Net Comments and Proposed Testimony
- Hearing Transcript and Final Exhibit Binder
The California Department of Insurance, established in 1868, is the largest consumer protection agency in California. Insurers collect $289 billion in premiums annually in California. Since 2011 the California Department of Insurance received more than 1,000,000 calls from consumers and helped recover over $394 million in claims and premiums. Please visit the Department of Insurance web site at www.insurance.ca.gov. Non-media inquiries should be directed to the Consumer Hotline at 800.927.HELP or 213.897.8921. Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf (TDD), please dial 800.482.4833.